Saturday, February 23, 2008

Going Out On My Own

Man I haven't posted anything for a while, but I have been very busy. I am a cpa and during this time of year of course I am busy. I have also started a home improvement business with a partner, and have been spending a lot of time getting that together, even before we have fixed a damaged wall or remodeled a single kitchen.

I am truly hoping this is the year that I can leave my government job and be completely self employed. I am getting the pieces in place, but they are not all there yet. My accounting work takes care of about 25% of my expenses, and I am hoping i can make the rest doing home improvements/remodeling. My plan is to expand the accounting services and to get the home improvement business off the ground.

I also have friend who has a successful pet sitting service, and ends up subcontracting much of his work to others because he has too much for him to do alone. I am considering talking to him about picking up some of this work, but I am hesitant because of our friendship.

I am going to keep posting as i make this transition. I'm hoping that by doing this, it will help me process my thoughts, make good decisions, and maybe even get some unbiased feedback.

No comments: