Monday, February 25, 2008

Some Pieces Coming Together

Today when I arrived at work at 5:30 am to handle a crisis at a time when most of my friends, family, and other loved ones where still warmly asleep in their beds, I found out that someone in my building has tuberculosis. Not quite the dramatic emergency I had envisioned, but dangerous enough. I was also told that I do not need to get tested, yet.

In other news, I found out I am one step closer to getting a large tax client for my accounting practice. This would go some distance in firming up my commitment to myself to finally take the plunge. I also discussed subcontracting some work from a client, that could likely keep me in regular paychecks while I build my businesses, while allowing me the freedom and flexibility I need for sanity and for business building. (we do only live once) I would, however, not be earning as much (probably earning about half of what I earn now), and therefore would not be able to plow all of that extra cash into investments. But I am confident I can make at least enough to cover my living expenses, and to maintain the same standard of living I enjoy now.

So do I have all the pieces together? Shit, I certainly didn't think trading a lifetime of financial security for the chance to be my own boss would be nearly as scary as this!

No comments: