Monday, March 31, 2008

Hope for the Same

Photobucket

My first official tax season is coming to a close. I of course have a few clients who have yet to bring me their info, and some who have only brought me some info. For the year, I am going to get modernized with some software updates, and also get together a mailing for next year to current clients. I can also now begin to focus more energy to getting our home improvement business up and running.

I have one client who I've agreed to work with who really needs me to do the write-up work for throughout the year. She is one of those clients who went to art school but thinks they understand accounting anyway, seriously. It's going to turn her return into a nightmare. I have been coaching her somewhat on bookkeeping, but to date she insist on taking care of it herself. This is going to be tough, she is unreliable, but can pay the bill. Honestly, if she wasn't a close friend, I wouldn't be working with her. I guess I'll do my best, and hope for the same.

As far as working for myself, all I have to say is: its hard work and its scary, but dam it sure beats sitting in the office with the chumps! (Did I mention that, for now at least, I am still sitting in the office with the chumps?) I am, but I am working my way out, creating my own path. So for now I'll do my best, and hope for the same.

No comments: