Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Stranger

Remember that ad I said my wife posted on a blog she runs? Well the blog is for artist and gets around 200 - 600 hits a day, mostly locals who know us or know of us through some friend of a friend. I primarily posted the ad to let those people, the people in my extended group of local friends, know that I was looking for additional tax and accounting work. Today I got an email from someone I have never heard of, inquiring about tax work. I'm not sure what to do and this is one of those moments I wish I had a mentor to turn to (note to self, find mentor to turn to in the future). Ideally I would like to build my practice on word of mouth, personal connection basis, and I don't want to take on any pain in the ass clients. On the other hand, I do want to grow my practice. I guess I send her an email and take a chance. I can always say no, I am the boss.

No comments: