Saturday, March 8, 2008

Tomorrow is a New Day

Tomorrow I meet with my first new client in several years. I am definitely nervous, but I think the most important thing is to appear confident, which i can do. It's a simple return, individual 1040 who has some self employment income, probably a schedule C. I'm charging $200, which I feel is a fair price for the client and for myself. I am going to take my time with the return and be very careful (I always am). I'll call the IRS to confirm anything I have the least doubt about. I'm going to have the new client sign an engagement letter, and tell her I need two weeks to complete the return.

My wife actually knows her (she saw my ad on my wife's blog), and she seems like she would make a great long term client. I am very excited. For me, each new client represents me getting 1% closer to full time self employment! All right! It also appears that I have that partnership return I discussed earlier. Apart from the fee ($600), the company has many independent contractors who also need tax work, which represents a good opportunity for my service.

Wish me luck!

No comments: